I used my vacation from work (script jockey) to complete about 35% of the series-edits I planned to complete, 100%. Suffocation remains finished and ready for a beta read, but I can’t hand off to a reader until I complete editing on portions of the bible the reader will need to begin the series.
If it sounds complicated it’s because it is.
I refuse to be defeated.
I will make these two narratives fit and I will keep this manuscript together.
I have spent weeks slashing through the first draft of this second novel, and I’ve arrived at the sickening realization that I must excise half of it. That’s 30k plus words out the window because I cannot make one plot line mesh with another. I’ve tried, and it’s just not working.